Date(s) - March 7, 2019
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The Wines from Spain Annual Tasting is an unmissable experience for any London wine enthusiast. And for this very special tasting set against the magnicent backdrop of the iconic Sky Garden, SquareMeal is the exclusive event partner. It’s a rare opportunity to find out why the wine world rates Spain so highly, as well as taste the wealth of wine styles and grape varieties the country is famed for.
Alongside the Spanish wines, food from Spain will make an appearance with Spanish-influenced bowl food alongside jamón ibérico and other specialities.
What’s more, it’s in one of London’s iconic modern buildings – 20 Fenchurch Street, otherwise known as the Walkie-Talkie – adding further glamour to the evening.
- Over 300 wines to try
- Cava bar showcasing different styles and brands of Spanish cava
- Sherry cocktail bar showcasing a couple of serves presented by leading mixologists
- Jamón carving
- Other speciality Spanish foods to sample and learn about
- Spanish-influenced bowl food (by leading caterers Rhubarb)
- Some of the best views in London, at a venue that only allows limited events during the year
- Spanish guitar music to help put you in the mood
So, come and try some of the many red wine regions of Spain, from the well-known Rioja, Ribera del Duero and Priorat to the more avant-garde such as Bierzo, Toro and Campo de Borja. If white wine floats your boat, you’ll be in the right place, too. Galicia is home to vibrant, food-friendly Albariños, Rueda produces zesty Verdejos and Sauvignon Blancs, while Catalunya is the home of Cava, the excellent sparkling wine that never breaks the bank. Not to be missed will be a range of sherry from Jerez, arguably the best value-for-money yet most underrated wine in the world.
Anyway, don’t take our word for it, mark the date and come and meet some of the winemakers who are earning Spain such a stellar reputation. ¡Salud!