Date(s) - February 12, 2021
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with French artisan cheeses and wine! We’ve partnered with Avon Super Cellar and Aquitaine Wine Importers to put together a Virtual Wine & Cheese Tasting on Friday, February 12th. We’ll be featuring carefully selected French cheeses that pair beautifully with wines specially selected by Jean-Sebastien Calvet.
With your purchase you will receive an invitation to join our Virtual Tasting, hosted by Asta and Andrew, founders of Dom’s Cheese Shop, as well as Jean-Sebastien Calvet, representative of Aquitaine Wine Importers from France and Kerry Brash, wine educator at Avon Super Cellar.
During this Zoom Virtual Tasting we will walk you through each of the cheese and wine pairings, giving you a little background on each of the items you are tasting, and discussing how the flavors compliment each other and more.
Here are the details:
1. PICK UP YOUR CHEESE AND WINE: Curbside pick up at Dom’s Cheese Shop, 20 W Main St, Avon CT 06001 the day of the event (ONLY). Cheese plate and wine pick up will be from 11 AM – 3 PM.
2. SET UP ZOOM: Make sure you set up the Zoom App on your phone, iPad or computer.
Note: The private video conferencing link to Zoom will be provided in a separate email sent the day before.
If you need help, this video is handy:
Please do this at least an hour or two before the class starts, so you are familiar with the functions. You may want to consider doing this a day/days before the event to be absolutely sure you are set up to attend the class.
3. Day of the class, TUNE IN: Using the Zoom link we sent you, login and standby up to 15 minutes before the class start time. By checking-in early, you can ask additional questions and hang out with fellow classmates! Please check in at least 10 minutes before start time, as the class will start promptly at 6pm.
* Single ticket includes a cheese plate and 2 bottles of wine.
* Couple’s ticket includes a cheese plate for two and 2 bottles of wine.