Date(s) - September 11, 2021
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
James Suckling Wine Central
2021 GREAT WINES OF THE WORLD MASTERCLASSES
ICONIC CHARDONNAY: NEW WORLD VS. OLD WORLD TASTING
Masterclass Tasting with JamesSuckling.com
Sep 11, 2021 (Saturday); 12noon – 1 p.m.
@ James Suckling Wine Central
(9 wines to taste) / HK$488 per person
Join this special wine tasting masterclass and roundtable conversation hosted and presented by the global JamesSuckling.com tasting team!
Acclaimed, loved and respected by wine lovers and winemakers alike, Chardonnay is an iconic grape. Originally from Burgundy and named after a local village there, it produces wines all over the world with undisputed success due to its great adaptability, offering a variety of styles and profiles.
Compare these different expressions of the same grape by exploring seven regions and nine producers in this deep-dive, one-of a kind masterclass.
Concha y Toro | CHILE, VALLE DE LIMARÍ
Joseph Drouhin | FRANCE, BURGUNDY
Drouhin Oregon | USA, OREGON
Marimar Estate – Familia Torres | USA, CALIFORNIA
Newton Vineyard | USA, CALIFORNIA
Peter Michael Winery |USA, CALIFORNIA
Planeta | ITALY, SICILY
Sauska | HUNGARY, TOKAJ
Silver Heights | CHINA, NINGXIA
List of Wines
- Concha y Toro Chardonnay Valle de Limarí Amelia 2019 94 pts
- Joseph Drouhin Beaune 1er Cru Clos des Mouches Blanc 2017 94 pts
- Domaine Drouhin Chardonnay Willamette Valley Dundee Hills Arthur 2017 93 pts
- Marimar Estate Chardonnay Sonoma County Russian River Valley La Masía Don Miguel Vineyard 2018 92 pts
- Newton Chardonnay Napa Valley Unfiltered 2018 94 pts
- Peter Michael Winery Chardonnay Sonoma County Knights Valley Ma Belle-Fille 2018 97 pts
- Planeta Chardonnay Sicilia Menfi 2018 93 pts
- Sauska Chardonnay Tokaj Birs 2017 93 pts
- Silver Heights Chardonnay Ningxia Family Reserve 银色高地霞多丽家族珍藏 2019 92 pts
This masterclass tasting at James Suckling Wine Central is part of the 2021 Great Wines of the World Tasting Month “Autumn Edition” – a series of curated tasting events featuring close to 100 of the world’s greatest producers and their top-scoring wines. Check out the full line-up of all masterclass tastings and other programs during the tasting month at: www.jamessuckling.com/event/great-wines-world-2021-masterclasses
Book your ticket now to reserve your seat!
For question or enquiries, contact us at eventsAsia@jamessuckling.com or via phone at 2539 7999.