Date(s) - September 14, 2021
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
James Suckling Wine Central
2021 GREAT WINES OF THE WORLD MASTERCLASSES
BORDEAUX BLENDS OF THE WORLD – A TASTING JOURNEY
Masterclass Tasting with JamesSuckling.com
Sep 14, 2021 (Tuesday); 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
@ James Suckling Wine Central
(10 wines to taste) / HK$488 per person
Join this special wine tasting masterclass and roundtable conversation hosted and presented by the global JamesSuckling.com tasting team.
Many of the most popular international grape varieties originate from Bordeaux: merlot, cabernet sauvignon and sauvignon blanc to name a few. The Bordeaux blend is now a style, recognized by all and producing extraordinary wines globally, from Napa Valley to Chile, South Africa to Australia. This masterclass is one that is not to be missed, with a spectacular selection of 10 top wines including Super Tuscans Sassicaia and Ornellaia, fast-rising Chinese superstars Ao Yun and Long Dai and many more.
Zenato (Italy, Veneto)
Tenuta San Guido – Sassicaia (Italy, Tuscany)
Ornellaia (Italy, Tuscany)
Château Clerc Milon (France, Bordeaux)
Château d’Aussières (France, Bordeaux)
Courtney Benham (United States, California)
Viña Don Melchor (Chile, Valle Central)
Klein Constantia (South Africa, Stellenbosch)
Ao Yun (China, Shangri-La)
Long Dai (China, Qiushan)
List of Wines
- Ao Yun Shangri-La 敖云云南香格里拉 2017, 97 points
- Château d’Aussières Corbières 2017 (not yet rated)
- Château Clerc Milon Pauillac 2015, 95 points
- Courtney Benham Napa Valley Mount Veeder Melange Du Baum 2017, 96 points
- Klein Constantia Stellenbosch Anwilka 2017, 94 points
- Long Dai Qiushan 2017, 94 points
- Ornellaia Bolgheri Superiore 2017, 97 points
- Sansonina Merlot Veronese 2016, 95 points
- Tenuta San Guido Bolgheri-Sassicaia Sassicaia 2017, 96 points
- Viña Don Melchor Cabernet Sauvignon Puente Alto 2017, 99 points
This masterclass tasting at James Suckling Wine Central is part of the 2021 Great Wines of the World Tasting Month “Autumn Edition” – a series of curated tasting events featuring close to 100 of the world’s greatest producers and their top-scoring wines. Check out the full line-up of all masterclass tastings and other programs during the tasting month at: www.jamessuckling.com/event/great-wines-world-2021-masterclasses
Book your ticket now to reserve your seat!
For question or enquiries, contact us at eventsAsia@jamessuckling.com or via phone at 2539 7999.