Date(s) - September 25, 2021
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
James Suckling Wine Central
2021 GREAT WINES OF THE WORLD MASTERCLASSES
BORDEAUX 2014 VINTAGE: THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA
Masterclass Tasting with JamesSuckling.com
Sep 25, 2021 (Saturday); 2 P.M. – 3.15 P.M.
@ James Suckling Wine Central
(13 wines to taste) / HK$888 per person
Join this special wine tasting masterclass and roundtable conversation hosted and presented by the global JamesSuckling.com tasting team.
A superlative tasting! The 2014 vintage is considered a classic vintage in Bordeaux and labelled as a Left Bank year (with a number of successes in the Right Bank). It was a year when both cabernets did well: both cabernet sauvignon and cabernet franc. Come have a taste seven years later of the legendary Château Lafite-Rothschild in Pauillac, the balanced wines from Domaine de Chevalier in Pessac-Leognan and the iconic Château Léoville Las Cases amongst other prestigious Châteaux from the left bank.
St.-Estèphe Château Phélan Ségur | Pauillac Château Lafite-Rothschild, Château Pichon Baron, Château Haut-Bages-Libéral | St.-Julien Château Léoville Las Cases | Margaux Château d’Issan, Château Giscours, Château Du Tertre | Pessac-Léognan Château Pape Clément, Château Les Carmes Haut-Brion, Château Smith Haut Lafitte, Domaine de Chevalier
List of Wines
- Château Belgrave Haut-Médoc 2014 92 points
- Château d’Issan Margaux 2014 94 points
- Château Pape Clément Pessac-Léognan 2014 96 points
- Château Giscours Margaux 2014 95 points
- Château Haut-Bages-Libéral Pauillac 2014 95 points
- Château Lafite Rothschild Pauillac 2014 98 points
- Château Léoville Las Cases St.-Julien 2014 98 points
- Château Les Carmes-Haut-Brion Pessac-Léognan 2014 93 points
- Château Phélan Ségur St.-Estèphe 2014 92 points
- Château Pichon Longueville Lalande Pauillac 2014 93 points
- Château Smith-Haut-Lafitte Pessac-Léognan 2014 96 points
- Chateau Du Tertre Margaux 2014 93 points
- Domaine de Chevalier Pessac-Léognan 2014 94 points
This masterclass tasting at James Suckling Wine Central is part of the 2021 Great Wines of the World Tasting Month “Autumn Edition” – a series of curated tasting events featuring close to 100 of the world’s greatest producers and their top-scoring wines. Check out the full line-up of all masterclass tastings and other programs during the tasting month at: www.jamessuckling.com/event/great-wines-world-2021-masterclasses
Book your ticket now to reserve your seat!
For question or enquiries, contact us at eventsAsia@jamessuckling.com or via phone at 2539 7999.