Date(s) - December 11, 2020
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
We can’t celebrate Christmas in the usual way this year but we can definitely still enjoy ourselves and indulge in delicious wine and food. We would love for you to join us at our virtual wine tasting with George Watson’s College very own wine expert, Amy Hutchison.
How it will work:
- Each ticket includes a mini bottle of Prosecco, 3 half bottles of wine and 3 cheeses and oatcakes from IJ Mellis ( non alcoholic and vegan options are also available).
- You will receive a doorstep delivery of your wine and cheese if you live within a 5 mile radius of George Watson’s College.
- If we are unable to deliver your wines, we will be in touch with you to organise a time for you to collect your pack from the school.
- The tasting will be hosted on Zoom and will begin at 8pm on Friday 11th December followed by a very special Christmas auction hosted by Iain Lawrie and Michael O’Reagan.
- You will receive the Zoom link once you have registered for the event.
- We are offering a “Meet with Friends” from 7.30 – 8.00pm for you to enjoy your glass of fizz and a virtual catch up. If you would like to host a Zoom breakout room, simply email your Zoom username to Amy at email@example.com. Tell your friends your username, they can then use Zoom chat from 7.15pm to tell us which room they are joining. The breakout rooms will close at 8pm for the tasting to begin.
- £7.50 from each ticket will be donated to Unicef
Amy Hutchison will be our host for the evening. As well as her role as Digital and External Events Manager at George Watson’s College, Amy has been in the wine trade for the last 10 years. Amy began her career in wine with prestigious merchant, Berry Brothers & Rudd in London where she completed the Diploma in Wine & Spirits, before moving to Edinburgh and working in international fine wine sales. In 2017 she founded Bibo Wine & Events hosting tastings in and around Edinburgh. Amy is a qualified wine educator and an examiner for the international Wine & Spirit Education Trust.