Date(s) - August 12, 2020
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Join your friends and neighbors for a guided wine and cheese tasting hosted by James Beard Award nominated “Wine Guy” Dan Davis. We will explore the finer points of pairing wines with cheese, drink a little too much wine, and eat a little too much cheese. Gossip about the neighbors will be neither tolerated, nor discouraged. Costumes, hats, and pets are always encouraged!
August 12th Theme: Midsummer Mardi Gras
Delivery vs. Pick Up – you must select based on your address.
· Delivery to Orleans Parish addresses only.
· Orleans Parish Pick Up: Commander’s Palace in New Orleans
· Other Locations Pick Up: Langenstein’s in Old Metairie, Acquistapace’s Wine and Cheese in Mandeville, Calandro’s Supermarket (Perkins) in Baton Rouge, and Phillippe’s Wine Cellar in Lafayette. Commander’s Palace has partnered with some of our friends to help you join in on the fun! Please buy a ticket to our zoom event and we will signal your retailer to put together a complete package of the same wines and cheeses that Dan will be tasting on air. All you have to do pick up the complete package at the store.
Here’s how it works:
· Each ticket is a tasting for two with leftovers. You can increase the cheese portions to allow for four.
· Order by 11pm on Sunday 8/9 for this week’s fun. Act fast, though—this will sell out quickly.
· We will deliver to anyone in Orleans Parish three bottles of wine along with cheeses and crackers from our friends at St. James Cheese. The delivery address cannot be changed after purchase.
· No-contact deliveries will be made on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning/afternoon. There MUST be an adult present to accept the delivery. We will call you at the number you provide when we are on our way.
· No-contact curbside pickup will be available at Commander’s Palace on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon for anyone who lives outside of Orleans Parish. We also have pickup locations where you can purchase your bundle in Old Metairie, Mandeville, Baton Rouge and Lafayette. Retail location pickups are after 12:00pm noon on Wednesday, and your retail location will have everything packed up and ready to go.
· Wednesday evening at 6:30pm we will all get together on Zoom to enjoy the wines and cheeses together. The tasting will be guided by Commander’s Wine Guy Dan Davis, but he WILL NOT be responsible for any questionable behavior after the third bottle is opened.*
· We care deeply about your safety. Everything that will be delivered to your home will be touch-free. All personnel who prepare your wine and cheese orders will have protective equipment on at all times.
Tasting for Two – $99 plus sales tax, Eventbrite fees, and $5 delivery fee – includes three bottles of wine, two 8-ounce portions of artisanal cheese, assorted crackers, and the chance to make fun of Dan’s bowtie.
Tasting for Four – increase from tasting for two to cheese service for four people – only $30 more.
JUST CAN’T GET ENOUGH- $500 plus sales tax, Eventbrite fees, and $5 delivery fee. Cheese for EIGHT with leftovers: four to six cheese selections that fit our theme for the week along with crackers, artisanal bread, and other goodies. Eight bottles of wine, including the three that will be discussed with the Zoom group and five other fabulous selections from the Commander’s Palace wine cellar.
Weekend Wine Bundle – This is only an option for Orleans Parish orders who have purchased a tasting ticket. Add on to your wine/cheese tasting with 4 bottles for $50 plus sales tax and Eventbrite fees. One bottle of each:
ÈCOSÍ · Brut · Prosecco di Treviso DOC · Veneto · Italy
Commander’s Palace Chardonnay by Bruno Lafon · Pays d’Oc · France
Commander’s Palace Gold Label Reserve Pinot Noir by Bruno Lafon · Pays d’Oc · France
Commander’s Palace Cabernet Sauvignon by Bruno Lafon · Pays d’Oc · France
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
You must be 21 or older to participate in this event. Valid ID required upon delivery.
What is the delivery zone?
We will deliver to Orleans Parish only.
What are the pickup locations?
Pick-up locations where you purchase your wine and cheese are: Commander’s Palace in New Orleans, Langenstein’s in Old Metairie, Acquistapace’s in Mandeville, Calandro’s (Perkins) in Baton Rouge or Phillippe’s in Lafayette.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about this event.