Date(s) - August 6, 2020
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Net proceeds of this event benefit Black food justice initiatives.
- Urban Tilth (school and community gardens and small urban farms)
- Mandela Partners (cooperative food enterprises in low income communities)
- Acta Non Verba (Youth Urban Farm Project)
Keynote Conversation: The system isn’t broken. It’s been working for those it was designed for.
Systemic racism in funding and healthy food for black communities. With Kelly Carlisle (Acta Non Verba), Rodney Foxworth (Common Future)
Founder Stories: Building (and funding) a food business while black.
Kai Nortey (Kubé Nice Cream), Chef Chew (Something Better Foods), Tanya Holland (Brown Sugar Kitchen)
Funder Panel: Invest in Black success: Investors stepping up as change agents and allies
Donna Daniels (RSF Social Finance), Aner Ben-Ami (Candide Group), Jenna Nicholas (Impact Experience & Illumen Capital)
Participant Circles: Actions beyond words
Topic examples: Food access in communities | Inclusion in our food system and organizations | Connecting Black enterprises with investors | Restorative investments
(special tickets – products shipped to attendees)
- Wine tasting with Coco Noir
- Chocolate tasting with Phillip Ashley Chocolates
This event is made possible by our community partners: